Thursday 1 September 2011

Where to eat when in Shanghai?: Bellagio Cafe

One of the things I love about Shanghai is the food. Almost every restaurant that we tried was fantastic! Plus I find it cheap (and I am not only comparing it to the restaurants here in Singapore but as well as in the Philippines). 

Bellagio Cafe is included in my favorite restaurants list in Shanghai. It is a Taiwanese restaurant which has several branches in Shanghai. The one that we tried was at the Grand Gateway Mall which is near Huashan Lu, Metro Line 1, Xujiahui Station.


Grand Gateway Mall
Bellagio Cafe
Level 5, Grand Gateway Mall
The place has a nice ambiance - purple chairs and black tables, decorative walls and ceiling plus chandeliers. It  looks like an expensive restaurant but actually it's not that pricey. We paid around 800-1000 php for the dishes that we ordered.




Three-cup Chicken
I love this dish, sweet flavorful chicken bites!


Beijing Shredded Pork with Pancakes
Another must-try! Though this one's also sweet, we didn't regret that we ordered both. I love the combination of the pork and pancakes - which is like a thin crepe.


Put pork in the pancake then roll and eat! :)
To complete the meal, we ordered fried rice



Too bad I wasn't able to try their shaved ice desserts and smoothies, which I heard is another must-try. Oh well, luckily I think I will have my second chance soon. :) I just read that there is a branch of this restaurant in Manila at Greenhills, San Juan, Metro Manila. It is named Lugang Cafe- Bellagio in Manila. I'm excited to eat there on December! :)

Happy me on our 3rd day in Shanghai



One of the few last pics of my gold bangles which I lost on our 4th day in Shanghai. I'm still finding a replacement.










No comments: